Monday, October 24, 2011

"All of Me," a Great Jazz Standard

I rested my voice for a couple of weeks and today I recorded this sing along to karaoke, the great jazz standard "All of Me."  Recorded by Frank Sinatra, it has also been recorded or performed by Michael Bublé and Harry Connick, Jr.  All in all, I was pleased by the absence of stress in my voice.  I felt much more relaxed singing this song (rest helps).

My goal is to be able to sing well enough for gigs, i.e. live performances before an audience, without anyone throwing empty beer bottles at me or making rude noises.  Listen to the song with that in mind.  I am never going to replace Michael Bublé.

Have a listen below.



Here's the song again, with more chest voice per Bro's suggestion. This is what some people call "singing from your gut."  It doesn't feel completely comfortable to me, but I do believe it sounds somewhat better.

3 comments:

BRO said...

GETTIN BETTER BRO. BUT IT SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE STILL USING THE "HEAD VOICE ALOT. TRY GETTING DOWN TO A LOWER VOICE FROM YOUR MID SECTION.

Stogie said...

Bro, it's middle voice. Head voice would be more of a challenge. This song has a very limited range. However, I will try using more chest voice or even the lower range of middle voice and see what happens.

See bottom audio file for the retry.

bro said...

much better.