Monday, December 25, 2017

A Christmas Gig

I was offered a charity gig in Salinas for elderly and disabled citizens.  My regular bandmates either couldn't or wouldn't make it due to work and family obligations.  So I invited a piano player and teacher who lives here in Hollister, one Wendy Starke. Wendy accepted, and so she and I played as a duet for the Christmas party of December 22nd.  It went well, and we were happy and gratified to have made around 100 seniors happy and merry.

We played mostly Christmas songs, but threw in two or three non-Christmas tunes as well.  I recorded the whole performance and posted it at SoundCloud.  It is here if you are interested in listening:  www.soundcloud.com/gwaltrip.

If you don't want to listen to the whole performance, you can just listen to "The Christmas Song 12222017" to get the flavor of the gig.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, my friend Gary !! God bless you!! Gilberto Cardozo from Brazil !!

Stogie said...

Thanks Gilberto!