Sunday, August 21, 2011

Stogie Sings "It's Now or Never" (Eat Your Heart Out, Elvis)

My efforts to learn how to sing continue.  In an effort to make sure no one ever, at any time, visits this blog, I have embedded my latest effort below.  It is "Now or Never," made popular by the great Elvis Presley.

One of the biggest challenges to this song is that it is in a relatively high key, and the singer must go to his head voice or higher register.  In spite of this, I think I managed to stay on key throughout.

Here it is:

2 comments:

bro said...

it's getting better, when you visit we will work on key chnages, I have a program that actually lowerers or raises a karaoke file. Sometimes raising the key allows you to go to a lower voice that would have been TOO LOW in the origina key.

Stogie said...

Bro, I know that such programs exist. I use Audacity to change keys in mp3's and that will no doubt work, as long as there's no voice on the mp3, which also changes (and may sound like Alvin the Chipmunk). However, I wanted to sing this song in its original key, to see if I could do it.